The Spine & Limb Foundation Inc. is dedicated to supporting elderly individuals and people with disabilities in the Western Australian community. The Foundation was established in 2012 from an amalgamation of the Paraplegic-Quadriplegic Association of WA Inc. founded in 1955 and the Civilian Maimed and Limbless Association of Western Australia Inc. founded in 1945. The Foundation combines the strengths and expertise of both former associations to meet the needs of those requiring the Foundation’s support.
The Foundation operates wide-ranging services from Residential Aged Care, Supported Employment, Independent Community Living Support and Recreation Services.
All of the services and programs operated by the Spine & Limb Foundation have been designed to cater for the needs of the unique individual. Our dynamic approach to both aged care and disability has ensured the sustainability of the Foundation.
To enrich the lives of people living with a disability and elders within the Western Australian community, by providing contemporary and holistic services.
To be a leading provider of consumer directed aged care and disability services in our community.
In all activities we are guided and supported by these fundamental values:
- Respect - Treating all individuals with deference and consideration.
- Inclusion - Promoting community involvement and increasing independence through tailored support structures.
- Diversity - Embracing uniqueness through active engagement with all individuals, regardless of culture, ethnicity, gender, age or disability.
- Integrity - Remaining accountable and taking responsibility for our actions.
- Dedication - A commitment to enhancing the quality of life for elders and people with disabilities.
- Development - Evolving and adapting services through open communication and engagement, responsive to the dynamic needs of individuals.
- Safety - Acknowledging the critical importance of safety, with a focus on awareness and prevention.