Osboine Contemporary Aged Care is a modern, purpose-built residential aged care facility accommodating 106 residents requiring a higher level of care and assistance. It has been designed with four wings, named in honour of past Board members: Orton, Cameron and Gillon, and the fourth 30-bed wing named Glass in memory of Mr Nigel Glass, AM, who was Executive Director of the Spine & Limb Foundation for 29 years. The Glass wing was completed and opened in September 2014.
The facility also provides a secure environment (15 places) for residents who are at risk due to their wandering-type behaviours. Residents have access to a registered nurse (RN) 24 hours a day, their preferred general medical practitioner (GP) and other specialist health professionals and services.
Residents receive assistance with the activities of daily living, such as:
- Single rooms with en suite bathrooms.
- Personal care: bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Continence management.
- Assistance with meals and drinks.
- Mobility and rehabilitation assistance.
- Management of medication.
- Specialised nursing care.
- Palliative and end-of-life care.
- Dementia specialist with secure area.
- Lifestyle preferences and spiritual needs.
All residents receive specified care and services in line with legislative requirements.